Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Big 4th Weekend

Happy 4th weekend everyone quick question; Are we happy it's a three day weekend and if you are an adult you don't have to work and you still get paid? My daughter asked me "Mommy why do we celebrate the July 4th, I forgot what the school told us". She knew I was going to turn the question back on her with "what did you learn in school" answer. While I struggle with the question, I sent her down stairs to find something that wasn't there and searched the internet and was ready with an answer when she returned.

I believe I forgot why we celebrate the 4th because I enjoy having a third day off with pay I was in the military services how did I forget the reason behind such a sufficient day. Shame on me, on that note I want to give a big Bravo to ALL troops and Vets world wide I know it take courage.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get so caught up in finally getting that break = extra day that we forget too I know I sure do.

    ReplyDelete