Fighting Cancer has changed my perspective on life...God put me in training and taught me how to use the gift he placed in me to his will. I have been a giver before I decided to be Christ-like (did I mention I am still in training/Romans 11:29) as a young mommy who was never taught to be a mom (my mom pass when I was 5ish) always tried to help other young moms. I really just set my self up to be used (whole other story) so I didn't decide to go to college until my 1st marriage was failing (how was I gonna support those kids SAHM) and guess what my major was. You got it Social Work, I wanted to help help help (which is still a battle for my fam) now while in college I had to work; did I mention I am prideful biracial independent woman. How couldn't I be independent my dominican father raised two boys and one confused girl by his self in Brooklyn.
My kids & hubby hates that I am a given person but I always tell them "the Lord has blessed me in so many ways I don't know where to start". My mother die from cancer at the young age of 33, I discover my cancer a year sooner. I raised two drug & baby-free kids alone for 15 years on my own (child support & welfare free) while putting myself through college. I survived many surgeries & procedures and still standing among the living. I know I am not always waking up on the good foot but the Lord I serve has shown me favor so I say giving has blessed me. I learnt to let the Lord lead me on my giving and give God the glory that I am able and let him deal with the users.
Any who I said all of that to say this, I did my monthly test again and look like this dam pesty germs are trying to creep in my temple again. I am starting the fight prep again, its always the mind first, the fake smile, crying in the showers (no one can hear you) and the last min. speech to the kid the day before surgery, coming off work. But this episode is trying to destroy my family alone with my temple, we all on over emotional drive here and it's not working in my favor.
I am asking all of my visitors and followers to pray for my brave fam, we need it here. You ladies know although we are not the Head in title (but we really are) we are the strength and I'm kinda fainting here and I know the fervent prays of the righteous availeth a much (James 5:16, Matthew 18:19). Pray for a sista.
Nae "Be Bless"
Oh, I'm so sorry you going through a lot, I cant imagine how you must feel. You are a very strong woman and you have to keep fighting. I will be praying for you and your family. Keep us posted. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh, I too am sorry to hear this...I know that when my son was extremely sick and when we were going through all the stuff with his hearing loss just how devastating illness can be for everybody in the family and on a marriage...it creates soooo much stress on a family and sometimes the storm takes awhile to calm. Prayers and hugs my new friend; will be thinking about and praying for you. Queen Kat LOL
ReplyDeleteAw, Nae! You STAY in my prayers! I was just encouraging my friend by telling him that Christians ARE blessed (he was saying good people never have anything good happen to them)...but Christians just have a harder way to go because the devil is trying to discourage us. Your recovery is DONE because God says as long as two touch and agree that it is done! You've got my vote!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YeWje--1Yg
ReplyDeletelink to one of my favorite songs that uplift me when I think I am the only one going through it all.
Your in my prayers Nae!!xxx
Nae you are definitely in my prayers but Mama I can tell you have a lot of fight in you and you have overcome more than most people I know. Keep the faith on your path of wellness, you are not alone, sending love from across the country, Tamika
ReplyDelete